Green Earth Stones was founded in 2008; over the years, it has grown into a bustling happy retail store close to WKU campus, providing the community with crystals and minerals, our own handcrafted soy candles "Little England Candles," organic teas, essential oils, and aromatherapy supplies, soaps, incense, herbs, books, home décor items, readings and much more. Our mission is a simple one, to offer products and services that promote inner peace, harmony, well-being, and a wee bit of magic. Our world can be a hectic place. We believe it's essential to slow down and find some peace and relaxation on our journey through daily life; we hope our little shop can help make your life magical!
Kathryn Brown, the founder is originally from Northern England and moved to the US in her adult years (hence the candle line "Little England Candles"). Our shop is truly a family effort, run by family and friends. The daily running of the shop is handled by Kathryn, Lauren, Lilly, Jill, and Emily. Jeff oversees the technical side of the business in the background, making sure everything runs smoothly.
Over the years, we have been able to give back to the community in smalls ways and a little further afield too, some of our more recent:
- Donate to the local FOP lodge helping local children with back-to-school supplies and Christmas gifts.
- Donate to local animal shelters, providing food, dog houses, supplies, and monetary donations for vet fees.
- Offer free monthly Reiki sessions to the community.
We have also switched to more eco-friendly packaging in the store and on most of our outgoing shipments.
- For the past 13 years, we have always used recycled packing peanuts from incoming wholesale orders. We now also have to purchase peanuts so when we do, we use organic starch peanuts that are 100% biodegradable in water, no toxic residue, FDA compliant.
- Our tissue paper is made from 100% post-industrial recycled fibers, Green Way Eco-Friendly packaging.
- Our paper merchandise bags 100% recycled Kraft paper, with water-based inks.
- Our shopping bags are 100% biodegradable.
- Our bubble wrap packages are 100% biodegradable, eco-friendly bubble wrap made from corn starch.
Monday - Saturday 10am to 6pm
Sunday - 11am to 6pm